Friday 11 September 2009

I was impulse buying, alot

So it's my last day in Thailand and I have been shopping. Impulse buying is so not good for me. But a lot of the purchases are presents.

Yesterday I managed to get a few hours in the sun at the hotel before heading out in to Kanchanaburi to go to the World War II cemetary and a the Thai-Burma railway museum. It was all quite sobering to learn about the building of the railway and to see all the graves. I can't imagine having to do hard labour in the heat here. I have a hard enough time just walking around in it.

Once I was done looking around I headed to the bus station to get a bus back to Bangkok. The bus only took 2 hours, but I ended up at a tiny bus station in Bangkok. I managed to get a taxi but the taxi driver was probably the most incompetent taxi driver I have ever come across. It took me 2 hours to get to my hotel and he moaned so much about the traffic that in the end I just made him take me to the sky train station. It took a while as he tried to take me to the subway first. I was close to murdering him by the time I got out. Once on the skytrain, it was easy to get to my hotel.

The hotel I'm at is odd. Very nice, but odd. It swees to be decorated in arabic/maybe morrocan style, which terracotta tiling and dark wood. But the room was nice, air conditioned and the bed was huge and very comfy, especially in comparison to the rocks I've been sleeping on.

This morning I was up and out early to go to the weekend market to finish up my shopping. It is boiling today, I swear it's hotter than the last time I was here. I'm back at Khao san road at the moment, going to go for a last massage and then head back to the hotel to get a taxi to the airport. Home time.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment