Wednesday 2 September 2009

I thought I had somehow traveled back to Europe to Magaluf/Faliraki/Kavos/etc

Watching the kickboxing last night was pretty awesome. There were 8 fights and a kind of exhibition fight at the beginning between two 6 year olds who were pretty terrifying. Violent little things. One of the best fights was won by a tiny man. He can't have been more than 5ft 2 or something. But he totally kicked ass. There was also a fight with an English guy who looked strangely like Eminem. He was actually very good and knocked out his opponent in the first round.

After the fight, the tickets got us free entry and a free drink at a pool party at the hotel next door. I was invited along by the three girls I had been sitting next to and it would have just been plain rude if I had sad no. So another night of partying ensued. The pool party was mildly horrendous to be perfectly honest. The music wasn't bad, but it was full of completely slaughtered English. Guys dancing around with no tops on and girls throwing themselves at them in an embarrassing fashion. It reminded me very strongly the holiday rep shows you see on tv. After a few hours dancing and telling a very creepy guy exactly what I thought of him trying to to repeatedly grope me, not going to lie, it wasn't polite, the girls headed back to their hotel and I headed back to the beach to continue the party with some other people we had met.

Had Rin beach appears to get busier every night up to the full moon, there were definitely more people out last night than the night before, even at gone 3 o'clock. At the beach there was dancing and fire skipping and fire limbo. Well. I danced, but I have no desire to burn myself on a burning rope.

Today I am going to actually chill out and almost definitely not go out. Tomorrow is the full moon and I'm pretty excited!!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment