Wednesday 7 April 2010

I loved the weather

The weather today has been perfect. Clear blue skies, sunny and hot. I sat and had my breakfast by the harbour sitting on a bench in the sun. Perfect start to the day.

I did all my souvenir and present shopping this morning. Not sure if I have enough room in my bag for presents. It will just have to be squashed down. After grabbing an interesting sounding sandwich, chicken, peach (which was actually apricot) and avocado, I headed to a massive park to chill out for the afternoon. I had to walk through the university, which looks very nice. It has some super modern glass buildings and lots of little houses for it's offices. The park was busy because it is the easter holidays so there are kids everywhere, but I found a nice sunny hill to sit on. I simply chilled out and read my book for a few hours and ate my sandwich, which turned out to be very nice. I've noticed that in New Zealand they tend to put whatever they can get their hands on into their sandwiches. Oddly they generally seem to be very nice.

My flip flops have given me blisters so I limped back down into town, stopping in a really nice little boutiquey shopping square for a smoothie. Once back at the hostel I came across a few people from the Kiwi bus I was on. It's really cool to randomly come across people you know when you don't expect it. They all have to be up super early tomorrow so we're just going to chill out tonight. I don't have to be up early, but I know I'll wake up early anyway, weeks of getting up between 6.30 and 8am have meant that I now wake up before 9am every day. This will be remedied when I get home.

xx

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a few days to get a tan! Enjoy your last few days. Mumx

    ReplyDelete