Tuesday 6 April 2010

I got on the most security lax plane, ever

Apparently there isn't much security on domestic New Zealand flights. They don't need your passport and they don't check your ID. You can take on food and bottles of water. I suppose there's not really that much here to interest terrorists.

The flight from Christchurch to New Zealand took about an hour and ten minutes so it felt like we were barely in the air. I have adopted a girl (Lisa) who was on my shuttle bus to the airport from the hostel and sat next to me on the plane. We are staying in the same hostel in Auckland. Once we were checked in we went for some lunch and a wander round the city. I have already done all that but Lisa hadn't so I thought I would tag along, I have loads of time over the next few days to do things that I've missed out on. I spent the afternoon very irritatingly having to do some washing even though I leave in 3 days. I had run out of clean pants and apparently there are no shops that sell cheap pants. Where do Kiwi's buy underwear?? So although washing is expensive and annoying, it's cheaper than buying new pants. Tonight Lisa and I are going for dinner in the food court underneath the hostel. Yay Thai food :)

So now I'm back in Auckland. It's warmer here than in the South which is really nice. I have three full days here. I'm going to go shopping, to the aquarium and to the museum.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment