Friday 12 March 2010

I walked and walked and walked...

I didn't make it until 7.30 for dinner last night, I think I was asleep by 7pm. Today I've been exploring Auckland. I was awake and out by about 8.30 this morning. It seems that shops are fairly flexible with opening times in the morning but I found a coffee shop to have a coffee and some breakfast. It's been sunny most of the day but it's trying to rain at the moment which I'm quite unimpressed with.

I've walked miles and miles, all round the city. I started off at the harbour, there is some kind of big boat race on today, it's called the Louis Vuitton trophy so there's lots of people around, and then went to see the sky tower. You can pay to go up to the top but the views are supposed to be as good from one of the islands that I think I'm going to go over to tomorrow so I didn't bother going up. Then I went over to a park where there is a little market. There were lots of arty trinkety shops and I wanted to spend lots of money. I managed to refrain though as I don't want to have to carry loads of stuff for 4 weeks. I can go back :) I had a bit of a break and sunbathed in the park for an hour and read my book. After that was more walking and lunch in a little Japanese restaurant, there are Japanese restaurants everywhere. Then I walked up to another park and through some of the quirky little shopping arcades.

It's only 4pm but I'm starting to feel tired already, don't think I'll manage a late night tonight but I might at least manage dinner.

There are lots of people wearing green, being drunk and pretending to be Irish wandering around as it's St. Patrick's day next week and there is a parade or something. It's kind of weird.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment